Research Plan: Beerio
Postscipt: This is a pretty embarrassing post—but one borne out of frustration. Rather than working on my own terms, I felt like I had to take a prescriptive path through thesis. This post reflects that feeling, and I haven’t yet returned to Beerio as a subject.
Another of our assignments is to draft a research plan for one of our projects. I am choosing Beerio, as a means of looking at the aspects of a product that needs new direction and refinement.
Beerio is undergoing an expansion of its to be a first-rate experience for people to find, remember, and recall craft beer they like, finding out directly from users how they like to do these things is critical to its success.
- Understand users’ current behavior towards craft beer
- How users try to recall and remember their decisions (may be part of #2)
- Where people go to get / try / enjoy craft beer (may be a part of #1)
- Competitive analysis—what other apps are being used
- Evaluate the current prototype of Beerio
In-person interviews, surveys, “ethnographic research,” “desk research”